The Community Food Bank of Central Alabama (CFB) seeks an experienced major gift and planned giving professional to assume responsibility for a portfolio of 100 major donors and high net-worth individuals in the greater Birmingham area. This position reports to the Director of Partnerships & Development. Previous experience with SalesForce or other CRM systems would be useful. This is a new position for the organization and is part of an overall staff team of 29.
The CFB is located in Birmingham and services a 12-county footprint in central/eastern Alabama. With a $5 million operations budget, the CFB provided over 13 million pounds of food in 2019 (roughly 16 million meals), engaged over 2,800 volunteers and has more than 250 agency partners. Some travel across the service footprint will be required.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- A minimum of five years professional experience in fundraising with an emphasis on major and planned giving;
- Demonstrated ability to identify, cultivate and solicit gifts from major donors;
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution (an advanced degree and/or CAP certification is preferred);
- Ability to meet and communicate effectively with people;
- Organizational and planning skills, including ability to work in a team environment;
- Self-motivation and be goal-oriented;
- Service as a volunteer with a known non-profit organization; and
- Strong relational and interpersonal skills, poise and ability to work with top level business and community leaders, board members, corporate leaders and foundations.
A comprehensive salary and benefits package is offered.
E-mail or fax the following information: a cover letter of inquiry, current resume, references and salary history by 30 September 2020 to:
DVA Navion Search
Community Food Bank
Fax: 404 688-3916
The Community Food Bank of Central Alabama is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider